Where would one find the best and latest homemade wax vendors worth trying in the USA? I started out years ago doing personal shopping for customers around the globe because I love wax. I searched out the small names not known or on the map of wax to share with my clients afar. When shipping got to the point where it cost too much to send abroad, I decided to turn the tables and begin my own shipping service. I figured if you can’t beat them, join them!
This is where Savin Exporting was born. I have been in the shipping business now for about a decade. Over the years, my business has grown in popularity and I am referred to by many around the globe wanting to buy outside of their own country. My clients buy from places in the USA, send it to my office and I repackage and reroute it to them. The biggest question my customers abroad have always asked “Shelly, who sells the best homemade wax in America?”
Back by popular demand, I give you now my 3rd blog about the best sought out wax vendors here in the USA and I have fabulous things to say about all of them!
Keep in mind if you will that some of these wax vendors have websites only open on certain dates for taking orders, so do find out by contacting each of them that you might be interested in and ask them about their upcoming events! These that I have mentioned below are all great companies and are listed in no particular order;
- Britta’s Creepy Treasures From their sampler creepy souffles to the wax loaves, the aromas are endless and they are for sure a must try wax vendor! Try the Pennywise. This delightful melt consists of all of my favorite scents; caramel kettle corn + strawberry pound cake + cotton candy frosting. Desire something less fruity and more fresh? Then definitely try the Doll. This delight consists of these winning combos; downy april fresh + cocoa butter cashmere + pink berry tonka. Wax loaves? Try Coffee, Eggnog or Espresso. Yummy!
- Candles from the Keeping Room Meet Carol the owner. She has been making candles and tarts since 2000, and just loves what she does. She loves to offer new scents and ideas all the time always coming up with fun new ideas to share with all the wax lovers! Few things to know; All of Carols candles are made with paraffin wax, high quality fragrance oils and lead free wicks. All of their containers are candle safe for burning. When you receive a candle or tarts from them, it will come nicely bagged or wrapped in our eco friendly cello, which is made of polypropylene. This kind of cello wrapping allows you to actually store your candles and tarts with out the worry of the scent dissipating. Each item has a homespun tie and a scent label to make it look and feel homemade and not store bought, To name all of their scents would be endless so here they are. Carols Melt Scents. I indulge in the food scented melts.
- Magnolia Melts. Owner Kristian, This tiny little business started with Kristian’s grandma’s vintage crock pot, has gone from 17 scents to now well over 125 available year round- and additional limited release scents during different seasons, in just 3 years! They’ve started making more products, too! Opened Magnolia Melts on Etsy in April 2017, after months of perfecting my wax melt recipe. I had actually made candles before moving to melts, but I quickly learned wax melts are a much safer and healthier alternative.now make Shower Steamers, Lip Balms, The Body Oil, Essential Oil Roll-Ons, Potty Spray and Whipped Soaps! Give them a try, you’ll be happy that you did! I tend to gravitate towards the Caffe Mocha.
- Sweet Southern Scents Fragrance Co. All products are made in small batches in this family owned, home-based candle shop located in Trinity, Texas. There is but ONE candle maker at this shop worth getting to know, so say hello to the creator herself, Amanda. She, like myself, wears a lot of hats! As a very small business, they have no employees for processing orders. All items are created and made by one individual! This is small hometown wax for sure and a must try! What honestly just started as a hobby to clear her mind, quickly became an obsession. Thats how Sweet Southern Scents Fragrance Co was actually born. One of Amanda’s greatest passions in life has become creating unique handmade products for all your home and car fragrance needs.
- My Sisters Candles Angela, the owner has a little homemade wax melt shop in Ohio with oodles of scents and various pours. Tons of fabulous reviews. They 3oz, heavily scented clamshell wax melts are listed at a great price. They are great samplers to try to see if the scent is what you’d desire more of. Creme Brûlée is a top fav of mine as is Strawberry Cheesecake. This shop is based on Etsy and you really need to order a few of her bits! With their 1 oz samplers you can try them all! They also have 5 oz scoopables too!
- The Candle Daddy If you wish for something sweet with a name to remember, and I mean reallllyyyy remember, try Blue Balls, or if that doesn’t sound risqué enough how bout’ Well Hung? Or Miso Horny? If you love the smell of banana bread try Bofa Deez Nuts. Last but not least, a favorite of mine, Part Time Hooker, no its not what you think so get your mind out of the gutter! A well recommended blend of melts that a lot of you may not have heard of…I say try them! They’re funny names, but oh so serious scents for sure!
- Swan Creek Candle Company Their Drizzle Melts are so strong and so long lasting! I lean towards their amazing candles! If you’ve never tried them, nows your chance..I’ve known of this company since I lived in Michigan and used to drive through Swanton, Ohio to visit my folks. So many coffee brews that are must haves that I absolutely LOVE! Their aromas fill your home for hours and if you love the melts you will want to buy their candles too! Some info about them; Swan Creek Candle is an Ohio corporation that has been selling wholesale to the gift industry since 1978. It is owned and operated by family, and located in a 30,000 square foot factory in Northwest Ohio.
- Scent Sationals Some might argue that these really aren’t homemade (but they are) and very sought out internationally so wanted to share the website and how to get your hands on them. These are found on their own website but the are also in linked to selling their waxes through Walmart. Nonetheless for those of you abroad this is the website to but these at a great cost of $2,99 each! With so many aromas to choose from you will spend endless hours burning these bad boys day and night. Caramel Apple Spice, Honeysuckle Pineapple and Lemon Blueberry Donuts are a top pick of mine! Mot too much to say about these as their product speaks volume!
- Savannah Blue Wax These are really great homemade wax melts. Many to choose from on the website. These are super popular but only do restocks on certain dates so if website is under maintenance, do check back for dates as these are some real good ones to give a try! Give this company a try! Find them on Facebook
- Glitterati founded in 2013, owner Janine Jenzano, Owner of Glitterati Wax has really made a name for herself. She has a group that is great to follow on Facebook for many new scents and restock dates to grab her melts before they’re gone! Definitely watch for her preorder dates. Located in Chapel Hill, NC which technically is not too far from me is a must try and always buy from kind of wax vendor. Her blends are simply amazing. Offering Souffle Samplers and Mystery Box Samplers, this is a vendor to add to your list!
This list should be a start for some of you newbies and for those of you that are already using my services and have read blogs 1 & 2, well then, enjoy this list of the latest that I highly recommend on the great homemade world of USA wax vendors! Stay safe, be kind to one another and share the love of WAX! Thank you all!